Wait, BigCommerce Who?
You have probably heard about BigCommerce from a friend or from reading a referral on the Internet. Now you’re in the research stage. You know there is an ecommerce software out there called BigCommerce, but who the heck is Interspire now?
Ah, a simple one to answer. Interspire is the company behind BigCommerce. They are the folks who power over 40,000 organisations with their software. And no, before you have a heart attack from thinking there are 40,000 competitors of yours using BigCommerce, I have to tell you that they have many other software solutions that this 40,000 number makes up.
What are they? Well they have:
- Interspire Email Marketer
- Interspire Shopping Cart
- Interspire Knowledge Manager
- Interspire Secure Payment Gateway
- Interspire Website Publisher
This of course is in addition to Interspire BigCommerce. So as you can see, their software suite is catered for business customers. Oh and their Email Marketing software is first-class. I loved it.
Interspire is a privately held company running their headquarters out of Sydney, Australia – which conveniently is where I live. So if I was to hop on my Kangaroo, I could get there in about 30 minutes from where I am.
They also have offices in Austin, Texas and London, England. They’ve been running their business since 2003, they have over 50 staff, serve over 40,000 customers and have over 100,000 subscribers to their mailing list. That’s a mailing list I recommend you sign up to once you’ve purchased BigCommerce to keep up to date with all the latest.
If you’d like to check out more information about Interspire, check out the following pages:
- Interspire About Us page – Pretty much what I said above, just longer
- Interspire Client List – You’ll see folks like Dell, Vodafone and Xerox on their list
- Interspire Company Blog – Great information about many topics
- Interspire Management Team – See the faces, and read the stories of the folks
- Why Interspire – They really make it hard not to like them
So there you have it. Next time you hear “Interspire” BigCommerce, you know a little bit more about who this Interspire group is.
I hope you have no fear in signing up with such a big organisation. With so many small, one-man ecommerce platforms out there, it’s great to know there’s BigCommerce – ecommerce software from a big company.